Remember when I said I was making a snake clone? Yeah about that…I kept at it for another few days and couldn’t work past the issues I was having (I even restarted the project twice to try different methods but alas neither yielded a better result). I guess it’s reasonable to assume that I’ve got nothing to show right? Oh how happy I am to say that’s wrong: I’ve got something you can even play!
I decided to work with what I had and make a game from what I had been able to achieve. The result is kinda two games with a single player and multiplayer component emerging (they are a little disjointed right now but hopefully in the coming days I’ll be able to add in some more features that will see the two fit together much more logically).
Now before you go getting your hopes up, remember that the month isn’t quite over yet so I’m hoping to add in a few more features, levels, tweak the visuals and weed out some bugs in the time remaining. That said, while neither of the games are particularly ground breaking nor visually amazing, I’m happy to have come out of my grumpy slump with something resembling a game. I think both modes do have potential it just remains to be seen whether I can tap into that come January 31st.
Click the image below to check it out:
*On the note of bugs, there are more than a few and I’m aware of them, so if you play I’d rather not hear about them unless you find a massively game breaking one.